- Duration of CMI Entrance Exam is 3 Hours
- CMI Entrance Exam Consists of Both theoretical type questions and Objective type questions.
- Exam syllabus :
- Algebra: Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean, related inequalities, polynomial equations, multinomial theorem, matrices, determinants, linear equations, harmonic mean and arithmetic and geometric progressions, solvability of equations, binomial theorem, mathematical induction, roots of polynomials, permutations and combinations, Prime numbers and divisibility, GCD, LCM, modular arithmetic logarithms, probability.
- Geometry: Vectors, triangles, the two-dimensional geometry of Conics – straight lines, parabola, hyperbola, ellipses and circles, tangents, measurement of area and volume, coordinate geometry.
- Trigonometry: addition, subtraction formulas, double-angle formulas.
- Calculus: Limits, continuity, integrals, indefinite and definite integrals, derivatives, series and sequences, convergence criterion, maxima and minima of functions in a single variable.
- Complex numbers, roots of unity