Common Admission Test (CAT) Online Form 2017
About Common Admission Test (CAT)
Indian Institute Of Management (IIM) is one of the most precious organisation in the India. Common Admission Test (CAT) opens Application to the CAT Forms. Candidates who want to apply can apply through our website to CAT program. Candidates can get full information about it – like important dates, eligibility details, age limit and other below.
CAT 2017 will be conducted for admission to various Post Graduation Management programs in IIMs and various other Indian universities and colleges. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow will conduct Common Admission Test on 26 November 2017 in two sessions. CAT is a Post Graduate Admission test and the CAT application will begin from 9 August 2017. IIMs offer various Post Graduate Management Program namely, PGDM, PGP, PGP-FABM, PGPEM, PGPPM, EPGPM, PGPSM and PGP-ABM which are Equivalent to MBA.
CAT 2017 will be a Computer Based Test. The scores obtained by the students in CAT will be calculated and accepted by the top-ranking management institutes including the IIMs.
“The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer based test held in India. The test scores a candidate on the bases of Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability (VA) and Reading Comprehension (RC), Data Interpretation (DI) and Logical Reasoning (LR). The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) started this exam and use the test for selecting students for their business administration programs. The test is conducted every year by one of the IIMs based on a policy of rotation.”
Important Dates for Common Admission Test (CAT) Application Form 2017
- CAT Online Registration Begin : 09 August 2017
- CAT Online Registration Ends : 20 September 2017
- CAT Admit Card : 18 October to 26 November 2017
- CAT 2017 Exam Date : 26 November 2017
- CAT 2017 Result : January 2nd week 2018 (Tentative).
Eligibility for Common Admission Test (CAT) Application Form 2017
1. Hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with no less than 50% or equal CGPA (45% if there should arise an occurrence of the aspirants having a place with Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Able (DA) classification)
2. Those candidates whose results are awaited can also apply for the CAT 2017
3. The candidates who have appeared for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification and those who have completed degree requirements are eligible to apply.
Other Equivalent Qualification
- The candidates should have done Bachelors in Engineering/Technology such as 4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc /Post Diploma or B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognised by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)
- Any qualification recognised by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi, which is equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by UGC recognised University/Institutions.
Age Limit for Common Admission Test (CAT) Application Form 2017
Application Fees for Common Admission Test (CAT) Application Form 2017
- For General / OBC Candidates : Rs.1800/-
- For SC / ST / PwD Candidates : Rs.900/-
Pay the Examination Fee Through E Challan or Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking Mode
Application form & Admit Card for Common Admission Test (CAT) Application Form 2017
CAT 2017 Registration Process can only be made Online by the candidates who fulfil the above-given eligibility criteria. CAT Registration Process has begun from 9 August 2017. The candidates must read the CAT Information Brochure carefully before filling up the Online Registration Form.
CAT 2017 Registration Form & Process
- Registration: The candidates must visit the official website of CAT that is iimcat.ac.in, or follow the given link to apply for CAT 2017. The candidates need to Register themselves by providing their Username and Password.
- Basic Details: The candidates must provide their basic qualification and academic qualification in the Online Registration Form.
- Payment of Registration Fees: The candidates must make the payment of Registration Fee through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- Exam Centre: The candidates must select the exam centre of their choice in the Registration which is given at this page. The candidates can select any four Exam centre and request for change for exam centre will not be entertained.
- Preview: The candidates must carefully enter all the important details in the Registration form and check it before the final submission.
It is to be noted that no further changes can be made in the CAT Registration Form after the last date.
Application forms will be submitted online with the links given below. Candidates can upload their Document and Photo online and Pay fees through Online Mode. Candidates can Download their Admit Cards from the official Website or through Our Website.
CAT Admit Card 2017
CAT 2017 Admit Card will be available to download in the official website of CAT. The candidates can download their CAT Admit Card from 18 October to 26 November 2017. CAT Admit card is an important document and should be brought to the exam centre on the day of the exam.
The candidates should know that the admit card will not be dispatched through the post to the candidates, so no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The candidates should know that an admit card is an important document to be carried at the exam centre otherwise the entry of the candidates may get restricted.
Result & Counseling for Common Admission Test (CAT) Application Form
CAT Result will be declared tentatively in the second week of January 2018. The shortlisted candidates will be selected for the second round of selection. The list of the shortlisted candidates will be available on the individual IIM websites. Each IIM will send individual Interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The shortlisting criteria for candidates vary in all the IIMs.
IIM Admission Process
The performance of the candidates in CAT 2017 examination is an important component in the admission Process. Each IIM will have a different and individual selection process of Admission. The process may include the following:
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
IIMs may use the candidate’s past educational presentation, similar work experience and other relevant efforts in selecting and grading of candidates at several stages of the admission process. The admission processes, educational cut-offs, and the weights distributed to the assessment factors may differ across IIMs.
Results will be Announced by the High Authority. Candidates can check their results form the Official Website or Through Our Website
Exam Pattern for Common Admission Test (CAT) Application Form 2017
CAT 2017 will be an online or Computer based test
Duration of CAT Exam: 3 hours (180 minutes)
Type of Questions: There will be 100 Objective type or MCQs as well as descriptive types. There will also be non-MCQ questions with no negative marking as was introduced last year. The candidates will have to type in the answer for the questions and no options would be there
No. of Sections: There are a total number of 3 sections for CAT 2017. They are as follows:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Quantitative Ability (QA)
CAT Marking Scheme 2017
Marking of MCQs: Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- No marks will be given or deducted for un-attempted questions.
Marking Descriptive Answers: Each Correct Answer will be Awarded 3 marks.
- No Negative marking for a wrong attempt of questions.
Important Details for Common Admission Test (CAT) Application Form 2017
Courses under CAT 2017
- PGPEM : Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management
- PGPBM : Post Graduate Programme in Business Management
- PGP : Post Graduate Programme
- PGP-ABM : Post Graduate Programme in Agri-Business Management
- PGP-UAE : PGP at UAE
- PGPWE : PGP for Working Executive
- PGPPM : Post Graduate Progam in Public Policy and Management
- EPGPM : Executive Post Graduate Programme
- PGPSM :Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets
- PGDHRM : Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- PGDM : Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGPEX : Post Graduate Programme for Executives
Address And Contact Details for Common Admission Test (CAT) Application Form 2017
CAT 2017 Helpline Number: 18002663549