Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL)
Office Assistant, Stenographer Exam Pattern And Syllabus 2016
- The written test will be multiple choice objective type.
- Question paper will contain two parts.
- Part-1 will test ‘Computer Knowledge’ and carry 50 questions of 01 mark each.
- Part-2 will carry 150 questions of 01 mark each based on the following subjects :
|Office Assistant & Stenographer||Marks/ Questions||Office Assistant (Accounts)||Marks/ Questions|
|General Studies & Reasoning||50||Arithmetic||25|
|General Hindi||50||General Hindi & English||50|
|General English||50||Accountancy & General Book keeping||75|
- There will also be a negative marking of 1/4 marks for every wrong answer in both parts.
- Candidates must have to attain minimum 50% marks in Part-1. Otherwise, their answers of Part-2 will not be evaluated.
- Office Assistant & Office Assistant (Accounts) – Questions will be from syllabus of CCC course of DOEACC.
- Stenographer – Questions will be from syllabus of ‘O’ level Diploma course of DOEACC.
General Studies : Current events, national and international importance, history, geography and polity of India. Everyday science, happenings and surroundings.
Reasoning : Similarities and differences, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning.
General Hindi & English : Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
Arithmetic : Simplification, Profit& Loss, Time and Distance, time and Work, C.I. & S.I., Train problem, Ratio and Proportion, Equation, Mixture and Allegation, Discount, Mensuration, trigonometry.
Accountancy & General Book-keeping : Basic principles of accounting, preparation of initial accounting books, Depreciation, Provision for Doubtful Debts, Outstanding and Prepaid, Partnership Accounts, double entry system, Bank Reconciliation Statement, Internet Banking, knowledge of Financial Rules, E-Banking.
|Official Website||Click Here|