Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC)
State Service Pre Exam Syllabus & Pattern
Exam Pattern for State Service Pre exam is as follows :-
► The written test will be multiple choice objective type.
► There will be two question paper in this exam of 200 marks each.
► Each paper will carry 100 questions of 02 marks each.
► The time duration for each paper is 02:00 hours (120 minutes).
► Candidates have to attain minimum 40% marks in both paper to be a part of Main Exam. Candidates belong to SC/ST/OBC/PwD have to obtain 30% marks.
Exam Syllabus for State Service Preliminary Exam is given below :-
F I R S T P A P E R : G E N E R A L S T U D I E S
1. General Science and Environment
Questions on general science and Environment (Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate Change) will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.
2. Current Events of National & International Importance
In current events knowledge of significant National and International level will be tested.
3. History of India and Independent India
In History, questions of general knowledge related to social, economic and political aspects will be asked. Also, there will be questions on Indian National Movement and Development of Independent India.
4. (a) Geography of India
There will be questions of general knowledge relating to Physical, social and economic geography. It will also include questions on Indian Agriculture and Natural resources. There will be questions pertaining to demography and census of India.
(b) General Geographical awareness of world.
5. Indian Polity and Economy
Political system and constitution of the country, Panchayati Raj, social system, sustainable economic development, elections, political parties, plans, industrial development, foreign trade and economic and financial institutions.
Important games and sports tournaments, Awards, personalities and Renowned Sports Institutions of M.P., India, Asia and World.
7. Geography, History and Culture of M.P.
There will be questions related to the development of Mountains, rivers, climate, Flora and Fauna, Minerals transportation in the Geography of Madhya Pradesh . It will also have questions relating to important dynasties of M.P., Contribution of important dynasties in the Histroy & Culture of Madhya Pradesh, There will be questions on Tribals, Arts, Architecture, Fine Arts and Historical personalities of M.P.
8. Polity and Economy of M.P.
Political system, Political parties and elections, Panchayati Raj, Social system and sustainable economic development of M.P.. This will also include questions on Industry, Plans, Economic programmes, business, demography and census of M.P.
9. Information and Communication Technology
Questions pertaining to characteristics, uses, and terminologies such as website, online, search engine, e-mail, video mail, chatting, video conferencing, hacking, cracking, virus and cyber crime.
10. Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) 1989 (No. 33 of 1989) and the Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955 (No. 22 of 1955)
11. The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
S E C O N D P A P E R : G E N E R A L A P T I T U D E T E S T
2. Interpersonal skill including communication skill
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision making and problem solving
5. General mental ability
6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc.-Class X level) Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.-Class X level)
7. Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level)
Note :- Question relating to Hindi Language Comprehension skill of Class X level will be tested through passages from Hindi language only without providing English Translation thereof in the question paper.
|Official Website||Click Here|