Probationary Officer (PO) Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Pre Exam Pattern
This Part will consists of Total 100 Questions of 100 marks.
|S. No.||Subject||Questions/ Marks|
► Total Time Duration for Screening Test is 1 Hour (60 Minutes).
Mains Pattern 2016
There is provision of Online Written exam consisting of 200 marks. Exam Pattern is as follows:-
|S. No.||Subject||Questions/ Marks|
|4||General Awareness(with special reference to Banking)||40|
- Total Time Duration of exam is 02:00 hours (120 minutes). The test shall be of objective type and in Hindi and English except for the Test of English Language.
- There will be penalty for wrong answers i.e. for every wrong answer, one-fourth of the mark assigned to that question will be deducted from those obtained by the candidates.
- Descriptive Test- There will also be descriptive type test in Main Exam which contain 02 questions. The test will over English Language (Letter writing and Essay) of 50 marks. Duration of test will be 30 minutes.
Indian Bank PO Exam Syllabus 2016 is given below:-
Reasoning:- Focus on Comprehension Reasoning, Venn Diagrams, Number Series, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving Techniques, Statement & Conclusion type questions, arithmetic reasoning, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, syllogistic reasoning, Seating Arrangements, Decision Making, Input & Output, Logical Reasoning. Questions from Non Verbal Reasoning may ask in the Exam.
English Language:- Mainly Focus on the topics like Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Error, Sentence correction, fill in the blanks, Sentence Arrangements/ Word Arrangement, Comprehension & Cloze Test nothing can be out of these mentioned Topics etc. Comprehension will be lengthy & Difficult.
Quantitative Aptitude:- Questions will be asked from Simplification, Number Series, Quadratic Equations Average, Percentage, Time & Work, Area, profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & Speed, Investment, HCF LCM, Problem On Ages, Bar Graph, Pictorial Graph, Pie Chart. Data Interpretation is the section which have to be focused.
General Awareness:- Questions will be asked from Indian Current Events, Banking, General Science, General Knowledge. Focus will be mainly on Current affairs of National & International news, Important dates, Current Science, Technology, Sports & Culture & Banking Sector.
- Current Affairs (National and International)
- Major Financial / Economic News
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Science – Inventions and Discoveries
- Important Days
- International and National Organizations are some related topics
Computer Awareness:- Basic of Computers, Computer Organization, Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS word, MS Excel, MS power point, Memory Orientation, Internet, LAN, WAN, Modem, Computer Abbreviations, Modern day Technology. Remember short cut Tricks of MS Word, MS Excel & Computer Abbreviations.
Candidates who have been scored above the cut off score of the Main examination will be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Indian Bank. The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview is 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of the examination (Preliminary & Main) and interview will be 80:20 respectively. The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Examination (Preliminary & Main) and Interview.
|Official Website||Click Here|